As we move forward in the post Penguin SEO environment, marketers everywhere are tasked with finding ways to create quality and relevant backlinks to their site. These are the type of that generate the best rankings, but these are the kind of links that are very hard to come by. Truthfully, you can’t expect all (or even most) of your links to be absolutely perfect. That’s not realistic.
That being said, there are certain things you can do to improve your link relevancy. And one of them is guest blogging, which is a tremendous marketing resource both from the standpoint of SEO as well as viral marketing.
Guest blogging is a fantastic way to drive new traffic to your website and grow your business. Guest blogging gets your company found by new customers who are interested in learning more about your industry. If you can identify your target market and on which sites they spend their time online, you have a great opportunity to gain valuable exposure.
Also, guest blogging is a tremendous tool for your SEO campaign. You can generate quality backlinks and social sharing that has huge value in the eyes of Google and Bing. Especially in a post Penguin world, guest blogging help you boost your search engine rankings and increase your traffic, leads and sales.
Here are the best ways to leverage guest blogging for your SEO campaign.
1. Define the 6-8 target markets that constitute the majority of your customer base.
2. Identify the most popular news sites, blogs and forums that attracts your customers.
3. In a sentence or two, define your unique benefits and how you pitch your business. (You are not going to pitch your business directly in your content, but make sure you’re ready to sell when you acquire new leads.)
4. Begin building content on your website based on popular keywords and topics
5. Find popular posts in your niche, structure blog series around similar topics
6. List top bloggers in your niche using Targeted Blog Spreadsheet
7. Reach out to 20 bloggers in your niche to see if you can write a guest blog once a month.
8. Offer a legitimate value exchange to these blogs. Why would they want you to write for their website? Maybe you can offer free tips. Or maybe you have a popular website and can offer a guest blogging platform on your own site.
9. Create a content marketing and promotion schedule that’s realistic, and keep to it. One or two guest blog posts a month is enough, and schedule a series of social media promotions and email promotions to get the word out.
10. Make sure you don’t sell your own products! Offer valuable information, and your content will be shared more freely. This is what generates quality links.
11. Watch your rankings sky rocket and enjoy the increase in traffic and sales!
What’s the new marketing mindset?
It’s all about growth.
Learn the latest in our new eBook.