There are so many exciting new ways to use the Internet to grow your business. Which is to say, there are many powerful ways to use the web to get your business found by more potential customers.
But when people find your business online and they come to your website, you want to make sure you are capturing as many leads as possible. The better you are able to create and capture leads, the more traffic you’ll be able to convert into sales.
The key thing to remember is that lead generation is a two-step process: you have to create leads and then you have to capture them. Once the leads are captures, you’ve got contact information that should help you know more about your prospects and how to reach them to close the sale.
So, let’s start with how you can create leads. Obviously, boosting your exposure and driving traffic to your website is the No. 1 thing you can do to create leads. After all, the law of averages proves that you’re creating a certain number of quality leads by driving thousands of new visitors to your site each month. However, there’s more you can do than just drive traffic to ensure you’re creating as many leads as possible.
Here are the top 5 ways to create more leads:
1. Create goals on every webpage. To guide your prospects through the sales process effectively you must give them a goal on each page that shows them what they must do to convert. Each page needs a goal that takes your prospects on the journey from visitor to customer. From your homepage to a menu page to a contact page to a checkout page. You need to create goals that build a funnel for your prospects. Without goals and funnels, your visitors won’t know what to do once they get to your site and they’ll quickly lose interest and click away.
2. Dynamic headlines. 80% of all web users read the headline before leaving the webpage. This means that you have a great chance to sell grab your visitors attention before they lose interest. Make sure your headlines on each page are brief and simple yet convey a potent message.
3. Emotive content. Keep your content short and to the point. More than that, you want to use language that triggers an emotional response in your visitors. Think of Apple’s advertising, which uses words like “magical” and “revolutionary” to describe its products. You don’t want to go overboard, but you want to use colorful language that excites your prospects. Don’t bore them with content that reads like stereo equipment.
4. Clean designs. Don’t clutter your website with too many images and too much content all scrunched together. Give your webpages some balance. Choose what images and words you want to prioritize. Narrow the visitors’ focus on the page to 1 or 2 concepts and design accordingly.
5. Use colors and images that build confidence. This might be an image for a testimonial or the use of colors that convey trust and stability. Make sure you use visuals that instil a sense of confidence in your business.
Now that you’ve thought about how to create more leads with your website, you need to make sure you’re capturing leads. This means you need to gather information in order to interact with potential customers to close the deal.
So, how do you capture more leads? By creating calls-to-action and contact forms. calls-to-action are more powerful than merely the goals on a page that lead prospects through the sales funnel. Calls-to-action tell your visitors how they can contact you and take the next step in becoming your customer. You never want to make your visitors work hard to become your customer.
More than calls-to-action, you want to use contact forms to capture leads. Contact forms can be a tremendous sales resource for your business. It would be a shame to spend time marketing your business online without using the power of a contact form. Ideally, you’ll put contact forms on every page of your website yo encourage visitors to sign-up for a newsletter, a webinar, eBook, blog subscription, or free give-aways. Contact forms do three very important things for your business:
1. Encourage interaction. Similar to social media, contact forms help you build an online community by having your visitors do more than just receive information in passive way. You’re having them participate and interact with your business on a more personal level. This builds your online community and promotes your brand.
2. Collect valuable information about your visitors. Contact forms allow you to ask strategic questions that help you compile useful information about the kind of visitors your website is getting. The more information you have about your visitors, the better you are able to market yourself to specific target audiences and the more sales you’ll make.
3. Collect the leads themselves! Don’t forget the best thing about the contact forms. You’re capturing leads’ information so you can personally get in touch with them. If a visitor takes the time to fill out a form and provide basic information, you should be able to get in touch with them directly and do whatever you can to close the sale.
What’s the new marketing mindset?
It’s all about growth.
Learn the latest in our new eBook.