Are you clear on the difference between high-quality organic links and other kinds? We’re going to assume you know it’s not about vegans and meat-eaters. Still, the health benefits of organic links are just as important to your website as eating a fresh, nutritional diet is for your personal health.
You need to know that link-building is key to organic search success, and your Google PageRank is heavily influenced by how the system judges your online content. In other words, it evaluates whether your posts, articles, and other content contains natural or artificial links.
Here are your 8 top ways to build high-quality organic links for great page rankings.
- A natural link is considered to provide genuine value to users, while artificial links are only there to increase your search rankings. In the real world, every site will have some unnatural ones, but overall, your percentage of high-quality organic backlinks vs. the other kind is what determines your overall link profile, and ultimately influences your search rankings.
- Socialize–be a presence in social media and offer valuable links. Effective use of social media calls for a three-pronged approach. First, post valuable information about your product or service with links included; second, interact with your community by conversing about it; and third, post related information that brings value to the conversation but is not directly discussing your product.
- Link-building should be unique–don’t use identical anchor text for links, as Google will consider them mechanical links, and not count them.
- Keep your comments to yourself–that is, don’t bother to comment on other blogs if your purpose is to get “link-juice” (commenting can help with your social engagement and relationship-building, and should not be ignored). As for link-building, those smarties at Google are onto you, and they don’t count blog comments. Your primary link will be coded as a “no follow,” and therefore, it gets ignored.
- Keep an eye on your website’s inbound links–low-quality inbound links can reflect badly on your site in Google’s view. Periodically review them and if any are truly unhealthy, thanks to offering questionable deals or being too promotional, use Google’s link-disavow tool to remove them. Note: be sure you only use this with companies that can damage your site or reputation, as it is a move that also impacts that company.
- Use your SEO knowledge–or acquire more, with other link-building tools that help you determine the value in targeting authors or sites from whom you want to obtain links. Don’t sit back and wait for links to come your way, be proactive by creating a list of sites you want to target, then pursue them systematically. First, run an analysis to assess your own site, especially for pages you want links directed to. Next, run a similar report on your site’s top competitors and compare the two to identify segments that aren’t linking to you. Examine report metrics for things like trust flow, page authority, and domain authority. The goal is to determine which sites have greater authority and quality in Google’s view. Links from those target sites will bring more value and lend authority to you.
- One more way to look good for Google and all the search engines is by checking your target sites’ IP addresses. If the C-block–or third set of numbers–is the same in multiple links, you could get dinged for trying to manipulate the system with mechanical links or running spam.
- Make them love you–offer a reason why the targeted site will want to create a link to yours. Use a “what’s in it for my business” approach (in their view) to craft your offer to them. If you can, identify a specific individual and make multiple contacts with that person over an extended time period.
Watch It Work
Successful organic link-building, like everything valuable, does take time. Plan to keep actively developing and monitoring links for several months before you see real results. If your site needs remediation for full recovery from toxic links, our link removal program can rebuild quality organic links based on a thorough audit of your backlink profile, followed by a link development program that restores your site to good page-ranking health.
Want to bring your digital marketing
strategies to the next level in 2018?
Get the National Positions 2018
Digital Marketing Trends eBook Today!